EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all, I hope this is ok to post..

I see some questions for Procreate brushes now and the and I know there are already some out there that should work very well for making engraving designs. I have designed my own set of brushes for my own needs and preferences that I use for my designs.

The main outline and shading brush I made has a little more texture than the other I have tested, more like a pencil and has no stabilizer. I made one with stabilizer as well that can come handy when drawing an outline of a knife, watch, gun or whatever you are working on.

Personally I always recommend not drawing scrollwork designs with a brush with stabilizer as the muscle movements in your hand will be a little different.. and the day you have to draw directly on an object to engrave, it won’t be there to help you.

There are also a gold texture brush I use to illustrate gold inlay or gold sculpting. I think it looks good for yellow gold, green gold,rose gold,cooper or whatever metal color you would need.. This brush is actually made from a photo or real 24 carat gold leaf..

Also stippling and line background fill brushes, plus 25 different patterns for background, inlay and such.. The patterns are made for making quick ideas to save a little time.

I’ll add some examples of designs I have made with this brush pack. If you’re interested to have a look I have it in my online store..

The only thing this or any other brushes is not good for is to be better at drawing. The only thing that will improve your drawing skills and designs is study and practice, but the brushes will maybe make it look a little better and more “organic” as I like to make “realistic” drawings on my engraving projects..

There are a PDF tutorial with text and photo explanation on how to use the brushes inside the download. I’m also about to make an update for the brush pack with a few more patterns and background brushes, that of course will be free..

EngraverHand - Procreate Engraving Brush pack

Have fun! :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    312.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    330.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    323.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 22
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 25

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
To any admin :) I just got the pledge membership.. would it be possible to move this thread to the buy and sell section? Or if you think it's better under digital art it's ok, just didn't think I was posting in the wrong section when posting.. :)

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
For the ones that have already bought my Procreate brush pack, I have just made some Dot Punches.. if you want to test them already now, they are in the private Fb group I made a link to in the PDF document that was in the download.

1. The Boring Dot Punch
  2. The Less Boring Dot Punch
  3. The Dot Punch Shine/Shadow

Over the weekend I´ll start working on some Dot Punches that has a little hand punched feel, but for now.. :) When well tested and a few other brushes are done, everyone who bought the pack will get an email with a download link to the full update.

This was maybe not the best design to test them on, but a design I decided not to engrave, so they can look something like this.. so if you want to try, check the PDF from the download.

Have a good weekend! Now it’s time for Friday funday.. :)

745D7E0A-864D-40BA-95E1-6B9C755A9649.jpeg

Latest posts

Sponsors