Progress photo

AllenClapp

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Sam, one of my treasures is a CD that you sold years ago with photos of your work on it. Do you still sell those? Do you have an updated CD?

MikieDu

The two terms "Sam Welch Scroll" and "Simple" do not correlate. I've watched him create these beautiful flowing scroll patterns for many years - even tried to cut them myself.....one fateful time....failed...never tried that again.

monk

Staff member
curiosity got the best of me. how do you intend to impart color to this work ? it's already quite fascinating to look at just the wayit is.

T.G.III

So you're drawing directly on the piece and your magnification consists of an opti-visor, that is seriously amazing work. Are you mirroring the work to the other side of the action with the transfer wax clear tape method or a different design all together?

Thank you for sharing

SamW

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Thread starter #17
T.G. the other side is a mirror image. Yes, I smeared a fine black powder into the cuts of this side, lifting with cellophane tape and put tape to tape to mirror the design, placing that onto the other waxed side. Then I make a smoke pull of the first side and use that to aid in redrawing the mirrored design to get it as close as I can. I always use transfers as a means to get all the elements correctly located and then redraw for correctness. And also yes, I only use an optivisor. I have an excellent eye doctor!