Help, please: Ready to purchase

Hi all, I am ready to make the necessary purchases to get going with my pneumatic engraving, I just have one question, will it all work together?

I will be purchasing from two companies,
A local one called Cape Watch jewellery and tool supply and AirGraver.com

From Cape watch I shall be purchasing an EnSharp versa fixture which states that it comes with a 3/32â€￾ graver nossel for holding gravers without collets. $386

I shall also purchase a silent air compressor 50LT 750W 7Bar $317

From Lindsey I would like to purchase these

Artisan AirGraver $595
Additional collets $25
Foot control $249
HSS square graver blanks 5 pack $30

I guess I’m looking at $1 612 before shipping.
How does this look, will it get me started?
I arlready have a two sided silicon carbide stone and an Arkansas oil stone,
I like the idea of having the dual angle fixture over templates beacuse it has limitless settings.
Thanks all
:thinking:

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Do you have a a suitable air compressor and regulator to run the Lindsay Artisan ?????
May I suggest that you invest in an international phone call to Steve Lindsay to get his advise.

Hi John, I believe the foot pedal comes with the regulator and I shall be buying the compressor from a local jewelers supply, can’t imagine the shipping on a large compressor would be cheap if bought internationally.

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
You should be good to go. You can also email Steve Lindsay. From my experience, He responds better to emails than phone calls. You will probably move up to the Classic in the near future because you have more control. I would suggest you get the Classic if you can afford it but the Artisan will get you started with the gravers and sharpener. You should also have a ball vice to hold and position the things you are engraving.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i would advize using diamond impregnated "stones" or laps. with the diamond, any graver can be sharpened. diamond sharpening products these days are well within even a modest bud

Sponsors