Announcement: Recurring payments for Pledge Members cancelled

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I never liked recurring payments for anything I've paid for but didn't see a way around them for pledge membership. I have cancelled all recurring payments from all pledge members so you will not have money automatically debited from your PayPal accounts when your pledge membership expires. You will still see PLEDGE MEMBER under your user name in the forum and it should remain for the remainder of 2011. After that I may go to a totally manual system. I apologize for any confusion. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Cheers / ~Sam

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
This forum is a treasure-trove of information and fantastic displays of master engravers work. There are no free lunches!!!!!!!! I want to help with the costs of operating this forum so please get us the information soon so we can participate in sharing these costs.
Just my 2 cents!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks for your support, Glenn. You're already a pledge member and it's very much appreciated.:thumbsup:

As you can imagine I can't please everybody. The majority of member emails I've gotten said they preferred the automatic renewal, and a few said they prefer to do it manually. If it were me, I'd rather do it manually. Different strokes for different folks. :)

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the careful approach. It shows once again the care you take of us, grateful users of a unique engravers concept.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm happy either way but for me there's a slight edge to the automatic renewal - it means I can't forget. :beatup:

Eh. As long as I get a reminder in time everything should be fine. :thumbsup:

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I prefer the manual method myself. I should be good until February from the date listed for me. Hopefully, I don't forget. I'm getting old and addle-brained. (At least that's what my wife says.) :biggrin:

Ron Jr.

Elite Cafe Member
I think it's the businesses that do the sneaky recurring billing that makes people not like/trust automatic payments, you know the ones, they call the product free and then add fine print that makes you pay monthly, yearly etc. At any rate Sams automatic payments were set up through PayPal which means you get notice via email of the upcoming payment that is due with easy instructions on how to stop it or just continue to pay it. What more could you ask for? Not having to remember it or do anything to pay it and being notified of it in time to act/stop it if desired.

Latest posts

Sponsors