Question: Ring Holding Fixtures

WSammut

What is everyones opinions on the different ring holding fixtures (Ringenie, Jura QC Basic set, Lindsay Expanding Cosmos, and Lindsay Bench Jewel)? Also are they interchangeable with the others vises (Jura in Lindsay PalmControl vise or Expanding Cosmos in GRS micro blocks)?

Last edited:

PS_Bond

Elite Cafe Member
I've got the Jura & the GRS (old model); I mostly use the Jura. I know you can get the microblock jaws on their own, as well as an adapter for standard GRS blocks; I'm also aware that there's at least 2 generations pre-GRS and that mine won't fit newer attachments without some file fettling. Collets are much improved over the old ones - they used to be something like a clear urethane, which went brittle quite quickly; I think newer ones are Nylon. The brass collets are nice to have for workng on edges of rings.

I can't imagine the microblock jaws were interchangable; if the layout of the GRS std block is the same as Steve's then you might be able to use the adapter.

As an aside, I did design an assortment of racks for storing collets should that be of use to anyone - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4832009

Latest posts

Sponsors