Question: Ring Lamps

kayscheible

Hello everyone!

I just got into engraving and bought the Meiji EMZ-5, the acrobat stand, and the white fluorescent ring lamp. After using the lamp for a couple of days, it bulb burst while not in use. It hadn't been in use for at least 5 hrs when it broke. I called the company i purchased it from and they send me a black LED Microscope made by Longpiece Industries. The company told my that the white fluorescent model was being replaced by this newer model. The model I was sent was over $100 cheaper than the white fluorescent I had bout prior. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or reviews on this LED Ring lamp made by Longpiece Industries. Thank You in advance! IMG_3432.jpg IMG_3432.jpg

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
The ring light I have is a cheap led ring light from ebay. The light is dim-able and you wont burn your hands on led's unlike the old fluorlights they get hot.
Also LEDs have a very long life. Only thing is the color of the light. Mine is very white. But I like it especially for the price I paid.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I own a Leica ring light and I've had several fluorescent lights over the years. I'm now using a $30 LED light I picked up on Ebay and it performs better than anything I've ever used. It has multiple settings to change the number of lights lit and therefore light angle as well as dimmer. Works like a champ.

Latest posts

Sponsors