Sam's New Studio

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Sam, How is that new studio comming together? Like to see some pict if you are at that stage yet. Any new or exciting innovations?
Fred

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Here you go. It's still a work in progress as we've only been here a short time. The first work station is a student work station, the next area with white top is for watchmaking, the next one is my work station, and to the right of the TV is Abigail's bench where she makes her cool bracelets.

Abigail

Administrator
So, do you all prefer a shop that is outside and not connected to the house? Since we've been married, Sam's shop has always been inside, either in a spare bedroom, or now the garage. It's very convenient. My bench is in the corner of the garage, and I'm not sure I'd go outside to get to it if the weather was really nasty. Ofcourse, my bench is just a hobby bench and not my livelihood.
So...a shop separate from the house or one inside if it can be large enough?
Just wondering.
Abigail

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I actually am wanting to take mine across town. Leave the phone at home and leave all other things home... at home. Then when I go home, leave work at work. I need some distance between the two to be able to do that the way it should be done.

Ray

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looking good Sam, still nice, clean and tidy. Now how long can you keep it that way:) Looks like you have a nice spacious area.
Abi I prefer in my house but for the past 22 years I've traveled about a half hour drive one way. I sure am ready for my home studio again. Don't see that happening any time soon though.
I sure would like to see those bracelets you make. Why don't you email some photos.

Abigail

Administrator
Mike,
All my stuff in the shop isn't unpacked yet. I'm hoping I can get to that soon. I may email you some photos....ofcourse, first we have to TAKE the photos. LOL
I enjoy my braclet hobby because it involves a hammer! YUP...thats fun.
Abigail

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Great looking shop Sam and Abigail.
Hope you spend many happy and productive hours there.
It is a little bit on the too clean and orderly side right now.
But this too can change with time.
Love the finger hook on the apron of the bench on the left.
Best, John B.

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Ray,
I have a buddy that has his shop in a relatives house. He goes to work and does
repairs and makes rings till 5 or 6 then goes home. He doesn't have to worry about
the jewellery or the equipment. He has a real life.
I don't think I'll ever see that, but it sure would be nice.

Jim

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great studio guys! I'm tickled for you. My shop is joined to my house but no access from inside the house. My engraving stuff is in my knife shop and I'm running out of room, it's 20'x20' and not nearly large enough for a lot of tools I just bought for making Damascus. My back fence is a 30'x90' building that I'd love to have that has three drive in bays and an upstairs apartment in case I make Miss Sherry mad :D But I haven't broke down and bought it as of yet. I do like being close to the house in case Momma wants to come out and visit, makes it handy. Dwayne

Latest posts

Sponsors