Scraper pictures?

dbeck

Does anyone have any pictures of some of the scraping tools you use or have made? Any tips or tricks for making them or profiles?
Thanks in advance

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
The one with the longest handle is a triangle scraper. If you cannot find one they can be made from a triangle file with a bit of grinding and polishing. Fifth from the left is a knife graver and when given a face without the removed portion, the two edges of the face make excellent scrapers for larger areas when flattening background and such.

Also, I find the burnisher makes a good concave scraper if you keep the edges sharp.

Attachments

• tools 1.jpg
    tools 1.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

dbeck

The one with the longest handle is a triangle scraper. If you cannot find one they can be made from a triangle file with a bit of grinding and polishing. Fifth from the left is a knife graver and when given a face without the removed portion, the two edges of the face make excellent scrapers for larger areas when flattening background and such.

Also, I find the burnisher makes a good concave scraper if you keep the edges sharp.
Thank you Sam!

monk

Staff member
most that i made were old dental burrs & drills. i made them for detailing hobo nickels..

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
Hi All, after taking a used hacksaw blade and bending in half, follow the lenght of the blades to the bend and carfully apply pressure to snap it, after joining and stoning they make excellent wood scrapers.............not so much steel. Rob

Sponsors