scroll design

bthomas

Van---agree that's going to be a flourish...another one about 9:00 o'clock....the way the fold turns back on itself

Shawn things I especially like are the overall shapes [roundness for lack of a better term] of the individual scroll elements and the flow....leads my eye very effectively.....have you got a piece in mind for this drawing? ... what's the actual intended size ?

Bill

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
the elements at the tear drop section are ideas that I got from mitch
I think that I have covered all the bases. I don't see any odd ball areas.
maybe enlarge a leaf at the 9 0;colck position

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Shawn I am jealous of you drawing designs You have truly practiced and advanced in your abilities with a pencil I still believe in what some of the great hand engravers on this forum have said " If you can draw it you can engrave it " and you have proved that to me
Keep it up

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sorry to disagree with so many but I find the folded back elements at 9 and 11 just stop my eye from moving on. I believe they will present a significant challenge to shade them. I wish you the best Shawn and hope I am wrong. Fred

tundratrekers@mtaonline.n

Elite Cafe Member
I am suprised no one has mentioned the scroll has grown in two directions,with no beginning.
Like an snake with an head at both ends.
Pretty,but anatomically inaccurate.
Unless i have missed something?

michael

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
fred....the shading will be easy
Michael there is enough action going on with this that if you are looking for a point to start you will miss the beauty of the entire layout.
just my opinion.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sorry Shawn, Your shading has been top shelf for awhile. Meant no slight on you ability just commenting on the change in direction of shading and keeping the eye moving around. apologies Fred

Latest posts

Sponsors