Security Systems

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Can anyone recommend a security system company that they like? ADT's customer service is a bit lacking.... Thanks!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
well, tira- i don't have your problem. nobody would ever bother stealing my work !!! it's difficult enough to just give it away. a friend of mine is a bona fied security systems analyst, as well as an installer of custom systems. i'll give him a holler; perhaps he can make a suggestion. i'll let you know.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
Tira,My security system is a large Fort Knox vault,you should feel very secure with one.J.J.:thumbsup:

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
I've heard good things about Guardian as well.

Of course .... you can always borrow my first line of defense .... hehehehe

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
OK Chris....That is one big SNORRING MACHINE THERE!!! :rolleyes:

I have a Bassett Hound that will howl them into submission!!

Donny

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for all the suggestions and e-mails. Chris, I have one of those security models too. He's a little taller and a little thinner, but he's great around the shop. Here we are last winter taking a break in a sunbeam that came through the back window. :biggrin:

Attachments

• MomDave_0002.jpg
    MomDave_0002.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 119

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
In my old studio, I had a local security company; after a year or two they were bought out by a bigger company, and a few years later that one got bought out by ADT.

In my new place, I started with Brinks, and over 5 years they changed to Broadview which then got bought out by ADT.

They are the Borg, they will assimilate you, resistance is futile.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I started with Brinks, and over 5 years they changed to Broadview which then got bought out by ADT.
Same here, but I dropped them after my insurance company no longer gave a discount for having security, yet coverage remained the same.

Now, I gotta ask. Any company you have only monitors the sensors. They call you in case of an alert, or your alternate if they can't reach you. Chances are your alternate isn't going to know what the hell is going on, so they call the appropriate authorities. By this time, your house has already been burgled, burnt down, or you've died from your heart attack. In the end, the only security provided is your own comfort in thinking you are secure.

monk

Staff member
tira : my friend advised he trusts adt over the others. at least the ones in our area. :)

spank7357

Elite Cafe Member
vermilion, ohio (on lake erie) and Inverness, Fla.
Tira, We have guardian and are satisfied customers.. There is one glitch, when setting the alarm for the night a series of 50 beeps goes off and annoys me. otherwise like has been posted, this is a monitoring system that alerts to sensors that have been triggered. The heavy safe is also a good line of defense for valuables.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sometimes a simple sign can tell it all.

Attachments

• FatDog2.jpg
    FatDog2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 31
  • FatDog.jpg
    FatDog.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Sponsors