Setting up the bench

Webb

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Rather humble beginnings. I’ve built a dedicated bench for engraving. Set up the scope and vise. Still need to build a storage drawer for the area left of the vise. 28FE5C82-951E-437D-AF80-F67FAC10F7F5.jpeg

rweigel

Elite Cafe Member
France (north of Alsace, close to Germany)
Looks good already! Ist there enough space to get your knees under the lower bar in front?

In case the setup shows too much springiness (slips out of focus when you lay your hands on the vise or vibrates while cutting), you could put a simple adjustable table leg underneath to give it extra support. I could even use my leather dust collector with it while cutting noble metals. It enhanced stability a lot.

Cheers,

Ralf

Attachments

• IMG_0954.jpeg
    IMG_0954.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0955.jpeg
    IMG_0955.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0956.jpeg
    IMG_0956.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 36

Webb

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Looks good already! Ist there enough space to get your knees under the lower bar in front?

In case the setup shows too much springiness (slips out of focus when you lay your hands on the vise or vibrates while cutting), you could put a simple adjustable table leg underneath to give it extra support. I could even use my leather dust collector with it while cutting noble metals. It enhanced stability a lot.

Cheers,

Ralf
thanks and thank you for the support leg tip. I’ll probably do that just in case. My knees don’t make it to the bench so not necessary to clear under the bar.

Sponsors