Shimpo Banding Wheel ( alternative turntable ) Wobble Fix !

ghpayton

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
My Shimpo Turntable had a significant amount of wobble and I seem to have found a fix. I disassembled it and added a 3/8” washer over the 3/8” threaded stud ( the washer cannot be larger than the bearing ) , screwed the base back on ( leaving off the lock washer ) screwed the nut down and this took out 99% of the wobble for me. Hope this helps !

jldj

I have the Nidec BW-25HC, It has a wobble in it too. I took it apart and realized the top end bolt was not welded on straight. I contacted Nidec and their sending another shaft. Cost is 29 bucks and some change I think. Didn't expect the warranty to cover it because I had taken it apart. I just want it to run true. I'll see how the new shaft works and let everyone know.

jldj

I have the Nidec BW-25HC, It has a wobble in it too. I took it apart and realized the top end bolt was not welded on straight. I contacted Nidec and their sending another shaft. Cost is 29 bucks and some change I think. Didn't expect the warranty to cover it because I had taken it apart. I just want it to run true. I'll see how the new shaft works and let everyone know.
Got the replacement shaft. Corrected almost all the wobble, but still not spinning perfectly true. Just have to accept that these aren't as good as Grs or Lindsay turntables, but for lower cost it's acceptable for now. If I get good at engraving, I'll get a better one.