Silver rose pendant

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Made a silver pendant for my wife with the rose we often use for our shop. Was fun to do something different...simple but I love how it turned out...

Any tips or comments are appreciated as always. They really help me every time I start something new.

Marc 20210530_205946.jpg 20210530_210013.jpg

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
practice some shading on a piece of scrap.. when you feel brave, give it a whac on the rose. such will surely add depth and interest to the piece.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
practice some shading on a piece of scrap.. when you feel brave, give it a whac on the rose. such will surely add depth and interest to the piece.
I normally would have agreed with you, but with this particular rose, I will not be adding any shading. This rose has been with us for years now, as is. Been on shirts, sweaters and is on the back of our business cards. I would ruin the sentimental value it has for me and my wife.
I will be doing some like this in the near future and will be shading those for sure.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I normally would have agreed with you, but with this particular rose, I will not be adding any shading. This rose has been with us for years now, as is. Been on shirts, sweaters and is on the back of our business cards. I would ruin the sentimental value it has for me and my wife.
I will be doing some like this in the near future and will be shading those for sure.
interesting story. tyvm

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
interesting story. tyvm
I will be needing shading advice sooner than expected. Friend asked my wife if I could make her an orchid pendant. First "job" engraving....

I will be cutting some brass versions first...I don't want to ruin lots of silver, hahaha.

Latest posts

Sponsors