simple solutions

griff silver

Elite Cafe Member
I have for years used a gravermeister and a Graver max I recently bought a Gravermax sc ( the new one) any way I was displeased with the loss in power the new ones have compared to the old ones, but being optimistic I figured I will get a magnum hand peice instead of the 901 i am using. Last week in at the catalog in motion for Rio grande supply Co I got to use a graver mach with a magnum hand peice, well to make a long story shorter I wont be buying one they are also less powerful than I expected. I found a simple solution to the power problem. My 901 tunes at about 1.7 on the gauge, the large impact tunes at 2ish. I took the spring out of the hand peice and streched it out about 1/2" and walah!!! perfect all of the power,as well as the detail a 901 is capable of. my 901 tunes at 2 and is a power house at 3/4 pedal. I thought i would share this.

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I doubt that the spring will stay stretched very long. If you want to play with springs, check with your local gunsmith, he should have a number of different size coil springs that might be compatible.

CJ Allan

Elite Cafe Member
What is meant by "tune" on these springs ?

What are you measuring them with ??

Thank You......cj

leschowe

Elite Cafe Member
Griff, this is a very interesting topic. Have you presented your findings to GRS
Engineering? I have found them to be very receptive to ideas which might improve
their products. I am sure that if a stronger spring is a viable improvement for
their customers who want more power that they will be happy to either supply
the spring or point you to where you can get one.

Les Schowe

pappy

Elite Cafe Member
What is meant by "tune" on these springs ?

What are you measuring them with ??

Thank You......cj
CJ, with GRS Gravermax/Gravermach hand pieces, the piston in side is driven down by air, back up by spring. To tune, you set how many impacts/minute you want, crank the air pressure off all the way, then slowly turn it up. As you turn up the pressure, it will first start to buzz, then tap, and a little beyond this it will go quiet. This is where you want it to be. This is all done without throttle. It balances the spring force and the oscillating mass of the piston. The Gravermeister uses vacuum to pull the piston back up. Steve Lindsay uses air pressure both ways. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Sponsors