Some might remember the design I did for a titanium buckle.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
::::Pledge Member::::
Thread starter #1
Now that I have my jewellery - engraving studio at home, I finally finished engraving my Titanium buckle.
I started this with a design years ago, then it took me many years to forge the buckle out Titanium sheet. It also took me many hours to remove and stipple the background.
56B90AA1-720A-40A2-B67A-5CD9297C6B9E.jpeg So as it was my intention to sell similar, I came to the conclusion it would be much too expensive, that is why I'm wearing this first one myself.
I still have to do something with the oval centre (20mm x 30mm). I'm not good at bulino scenes, so maybe I will do an Double Bass as that too is a big part of the fun in my life.

Attachments

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thread starter #3
Thank you Sam, no nightmare engraving titanium, for me it is the best combination both Ti and engraving. That because it won’t wear off quickly.
The double bass I bought it new when I was 17 and I still play it in a 3 mans band.

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Such elegant engraving deserves an elegant instrument in the oval. As another bass player, I think your choice is perfect! Good job Arnaud!

On a flint fowler butt plate, I engraved a typical "stand of arms" with a bass neck instead the usual tall center flag. No one seemed to notice.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thread starter #11
Such elegant engraving deserves an elegant instrument in the oval. As another bass player, I think your choice is perfect! Good job Arnaud!

On a flint fowler butt plate, I engraved a typical "stand of arms" with a bass neck instead the usual tall center flag. No one seemed to notice.
Thank you Fred, your avatar with the double bass speaks a thousand words, there seems to be a lot musicians among the engravers.

Latest posts

Sponsors