still perplexed

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I'm back and thanks for the suggestions. The transfer that I was trying to get to work was some vector lines and small text that I created using Adobe Illustrator. I did everything as I have done many times before but not one dot would transfer. The color cartridge removed so I know no color could be mixing in. I thought it was the printer or maybe the file was different. I tried a file that had hand drawn scrolls that was scanned and saved as an Adobe file. The transfer worked perfect. It is not the ink. It is not the printer. Can any one tell me why one file will transfer but the other which was computer drawn will not. Something has changed in the file, I think because I have transferred vector designs and text before. Why not this one.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'm thinking the failed image was dithered, or a collection (very large) of dots. different sized dots, different spacing between them. at ordinary resolutions, the brain organizes all these dots to produce an image.
the dots aren't vectors, or lines. the software wants to do vector, so the dots wont fly. corel will convert raster to vector with little problem. i would have to believe that ai software will do such a conversion. i don't have adobe, so i can't say for sure.
i'd suggest visiting an adobe forum if you don't have a decent user manual for the software. if all else fails, go to youtube. you can learn to do most anything there

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Does it print the vector design on the transparency film and then it will not transfer to the piece to be engraved? Or does it not print at all on the film?

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
This may not help but I use a 61 HP and I believe the 62 transfer as well .
If i forget to go into settings and Tick off black ink only I will end up with bad faint transfers. As well make sure you are putting the texture side up on the film.
You may already do this, just double check the small and simple things.

Eric

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
Break down the problem. Did the image you want print onto you paper? If so you don't have to worry about anything upstream from there. If not then you've got to fix that first. Is the paper (or film) the same that you always use? does it matter what side it gets printed on? Are you using the same solvent to make your transfer? Is the piece cleaned and ready for the transfer? Are you following the same procedure that you have had success in the past?

Latest posts

Sponsors