Stippling ?

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Using a GraverMach AT and a Maestro EX hand piece.

As I was preparing to do some stippling I forgot to switch over to the foot pedal control on the AT machine. When I turned the machine on the EX started its rapid stippling action. I turned the machine off and then switched it to foot control. Everything worked fine.

However, I notice a I noticed a large difference in the amount of power between the EX's stippling action when the machine was set for hand control as compared to foot control. The hand control seemed to be more powerful strokes than when the foot pedal is fully depressed. I would have thought the power when the foot control is full open/depressed the power would have been equal. There was a very noticeable difference. I tired this several times as I wanted to make sure of my findings. The results was always the same. Noticeably more powerful strokes when AT is set for hand control rather than foot control.

Is this normal and as it should be? Perhaps my foot pedal is not operating as it should. Foot control seems to operate correctly with no air leakage.

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
GRS has Master Engraver Rex Pedersen available to answer questions like that. Call GRS and ask to speak to Rex; they will forward the call. If Rex isn't available, ask to speak to Greg Gentry who does all the refurbishing of GRS engraving machines; Greg is in-house.