Summer Custom Gunmaking Seminars

SDH

Classes now forming: Montana Custom Gunmaking Seminars,
This is the 9th consecutive year I've been offering these and they just keep getting better. The Metal Finishing Seminar is well suited for engravers interested in doing their own prep and finishing work. I teach all that is needed to perfectly hand polish gun parts and explain what is needed for each metal finish. We do a batch of Rust Bluing and a batch of Nitre Bluing in class. For references on my ready to engrave metal polishing, talk with Diane Scalese, Mike Dubber, Eric Gold, Gordon Alcorn and I'll bet Sam Welch would give me an endorsement although we have not worked together.

Metal Finishing: Hand Polishing and Rust Bluing, 5 Days, last week of June 22-26, 2020. Beginning and intermediate students and engravers.

Stockmaking: Experienced and advanced students. 5 Days, first week in September 7-11, 2020.

Classes held in my Montana workshop, $1650, five days about 50 hours, lunch provided. Max 4 students. I'm open to a variety of your special projects. A week of custom gun immersion!
For more information...
Please contact me: Steven Hughes 406-222-9377 or sdh@montana.net

Last edited:

SDH

Thanks guys, for your support, its greatly appreciated!
Here are some pics of a S&W 1917 and a Colt SAA, both in a sad state. The Colt was badly buffed and the S&W finish gone and pitted in places. Both were resurrected for restoration, the same process as preparing for engraving. Both great project for the Seminar. The 1917 was done in class! (barrel hand tightened)
1917 hand polished and rust blued-.jpg Colt SAA frame-.jpg
Polish Colt SAA frame-.jpg

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Steve is a professional when comes to restoration notice the nice clean sharp edges and no dished out pin and screw holes on the two revolvers, keep up the good work Steve. J.J.

Last edited:

SDH

Just one bench in the Metal Finishing Seminar is left open. We did change the dates to June 15-19, 2020. Two Benches for Stockmaking but several fence sitters~~Please let me know if you are interested. 406-222-9377 afternoons.
Many thanks!