JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I taught at the Montgomery Community College, NC, which was sponsored by the NRA, August 1st to August 10th with ten students, it was a wonderful experience. The students were very excited to start learning. They were told to bring a project, and their own equipment, if they so desired. We worked with what they had brought, plus what I had prepared for them to learn...especially sharpening of the gravers which I feel is a very important part. I want to thank the facility, especially, Mr. Jesse Houser and Mr. Wayne Bernauer for their help to make me feel at home. Hopefully, I will be asked back again next year....JJ

Here is the link to my pictures:

http://imageevent.com/loveoldstuff/montgomerycommunitycollege

tbear

Well done. I'll bet they learned a lot. It's nice to see a school that has the courage to provide other courses than Political Science and Computer Skills. To many people today think doing anything with your hands is below them. The day will come when anyone who can wield a screw driver saw and hammer will make as much money as lawyers and doctors.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice pictures JJ. Glad the week worked out well for you and your students. Teaching can be a challenge and at the same time very gratifying. :tiphat:

Grayson

Looks like a great class! Like one of your students, I am a wanna-be engraver who has been building bamboo rods. What do you see as the principal obstacles to this application?

JJ Roberts

Thank you everyone for your kind words,if asked I would love to teach next year.Look for pictures on the gunsmithing class.Grayson the only obstacles engraving fly rod components is holding them in the vice with out damage.:tiphat:J.J.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
JJ,

Since the engraving forums constantly get questions about engraving from people who want to use a Dremel or other make of rotary grinder, I was wondering if any of your students showed up with or expecting to use a rotary tool for engraving.

Cheers,
Roger

JJ Roberts

Roger, No students showed up with a dremel or rotary tool,I told them they could bring anything they wanted.Two had GraverMaxs two Lindsay Palm Controls & one Lindsay classic we worked with H&C's hand gravers.I'm no fan of dremel or rotary tools when it comes to engraving,not even to remove the background. :thumbsup:J.J.

Latest posts

Sponsors