The 2019 Safari International Auction Rile

Mike Dubber

Elite Cafe Member
John Bolliger and I and started the SCI World Heritage Series in 2014 with the African Continent...a 375 H&H Magnum. The fifth and last of five rifles in the World Heritage Rifle Series – representing the Americas – is a .338 Winchester Magnum. The rifle will be auctioned at the 47th SCI Hunters’ Convention to be held in Reno, Nevada, January 9-12, 2019.
The World Heritage Rifle Series consists of five spectacular rifles, each representing the best of the gunmaker's art and one of the world's five hunting continents, Africa, Asia, Europe, Oceania, and the Americas, and featuring materials representing its continent.
We finally have all parts completed and together, along with a case by Marvin Huey and a Walnut Credenza. John used an outstanding Turkish Walnut Blank for the stock that he had been slowly and carefully drying for the past 11 years. I set four .05 Carat Diamonds in the four Magnum Escutcheons to help elevate the quality this rifle represents. The remaining engraving and inlay work is as you see it here from John's first set of shop photos.
BOLSCI_01.JPG BOLSCI_02.JPG BOLSI_03.JPG BOOLSCI_04.JPG

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I doubt if anybody is going to be dragging that gun through the brush. Good luck on the auction. I would like to know what that gun sells for. Mike do you know what the others went for?

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
eye candy ! the wood is probably the finest i've ever seen. tyvm, mike for excellence in your chosen art.

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Simply stunning! The engraving, the stock carving, the checkering, and the metal finish are all magnificent! I can't imagine what the final auction price will reach.

Latest posts

Sponsors