The First Hobo Nickel I carved.

Tezash

Here is my other "practice plate" This is my first Hobo nickel to carve and it is now on ebay for sale. Previously I posted "Practice plate 3D Dime" on this forum a month or so a go. I thank you for supporting and encoraging me. Bob Shamy is one of the engravers who encoraged me and send me three buffalo nickels with his kind advice to engrave Hobo man on buffalo nickel. I skethched and engraved the grining hobo, some people liked his facial expression and asked me questions. As always, I would like to hear your comments from you too.
Thank you, Tez.

Attachments

• Nickel Face.JPG
    Nickel Face.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 170

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
I,m not sure what you,ve in mind, but you have a coin carving future ..My first thoughts were WOWWW..As new coin carvers take up the art of engraving coins, us old ones will have to get better or fall behind..

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
As I lurker on the board and coin carver, I can say your first work is pretty darned good. That level of workmanship will certainly get you noticed by the hobo nickel collectors out there.

Joe Paonessa

America's Greatest Left Handed Hobo Nickel Carver
(East of the Mississippi, West of Grosse Pointe and North of Chicago.)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Yes, this is a fine hobo indeed. And your first one? You will be a force to be reckoned with. / ~Sam

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice Tez
You worked the background nicely. Much nicer than my first that's for sure. Now you'll be hooked and nothing on earth maters anymore. At first there like a drug:)
Mike

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Definately much better than my first coin too. Hope you get good money for it. Keep carving, lets see some more.
Keith Pedersen.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
not being critical, but the thing is a great likeness of my brother-in-law !

Sponsors