Third Fracassi is the charm

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
This attachment should appear. Hopefully!

Attachments

• Engravers Cafe 050 (Small) (2).jpg
    Engravers Cafe 050 (Small) (2).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
knives

Hi Glen: the knife with the eagle engraved on it looks like one of my old remington patterns, could you tell me who made the knife, by the way I am a real fan of bulino engraving and that piece looks good I would like to be able to hold the knife, it looks like one of the original 16 bullett patterns that remington came out with in the 20's Thanks for the pics. Jack Davenport

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It would be interesting if you could provide some pictures that allow detail to be seen in the engraving.

Peter

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Peter,
I made such a mess of this attempt that I'm thinking I'll give up and not waste other members time.

Jack,
The knife is a double blade lock back made by Tomes. The quality of his workmanship is pure art. The double lock back on one spring is his design and it operates with perfection.
The bulino engraving is done by Chris DeCamillis in a Fracassi style. It really is too bad that my skill in photography is so poor that I can't show the true beauty of Chris's work.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glenn,
There is a great thread on bladeforums.com in the "gallery" forum if I recall, that gives an excellent tutorial on taking photos. I found it very helpful. Basically, lighting is the most critical component.

Seems most digital cameras are capable of producing excellent results.

Like most things.....it takes some time to learn what works best. A tripod is key also.

Good Luck,
Peter