Time for a simple picture

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
No offense to all of the more experienced engravers posting their beautiful pictures but I figure it's time for another, shall we say, less nuanced picture.

Since that's my current forte I'll throw this one up to encourage all of the rest of us. :)

Just a little key fob I did for the ever-indulgent wife's assistant who had to cover for her during our two week vacation.

Hadn't tried this style of flower before but I took notes on it in Lee's class.

Probably should have taken more notes, or at least done better sketches. ;)

Ah well, had fun doing it and the recipient was thrilled to get it.

Ok, how about the rest of you? Done anything fun lately?

Attachments

• fob080614.jpg
    fob080614.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 218

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Hi Steve,

I think you should start posting more stuff that you've cut cuz this looks really good. I'd say your notes and sketches were just fine.

You otta see the stuff I cut after taking my first class. Darn!! ... they're all rusted over ...thank God!!:D

by the way ... "less nuanced"? I'll have to Google that word but from the way it sounds I'm gonna disagree on that.

Good work & catch ya later!!

Chris

Ross

Nice keyfob Steve. How was the class? Bet you learned alot like we did in Marty's beginning class. I will be
back in Emporia at the end of July for a class with FEGAREX. Did you get a scope yet?
Ross Parnell

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Ross!

Yep, got my scope - makes a huge difference in doing shading. Interestingly, after doing it in the scope it becomes easier to do it without the scope. Being able to really see where the graver point is and what it's doing gives you at least a start on the sort of feel for it that used to take years of practice to get.

Lee's class was great - probably take me at least another month to fully absorb everything.

So far I'm doing well on the timing of taking classes. Marty's class consolidated and cleaned up what I'd manage to learn in three months of fiddling about myself and reading here. Lee's class hit right when I was ready to expand into new areas.

So, Jim's been posting pictures but Dave & Ross? Toss some up here!

Latest posts

Sponsors