transfer on stainless

Ian groves

been trying to transfer onto a stainless watch strap of laser printer and acitone method and getting nothing ,

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
not sure about your particular situation. direct draw can sometimes be quicker than a lot of xperimenting.

Ian groves

not sure about your particular situation. direct draw can sometimes be quicker than a lot of xperimenting.
I'm trying to get an image of laser jet to go on stainless and gettign nothing .works fine on othere metals

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
It is difficult to transfer on items that have a high polish. Sometimes it needs a little rub with something like a 320 paper and then clean with acetone. Also try a little heat to the stainless before you transfer. If you have a buffer you might try high polish on other objects to see if there are differences.

When I do a laser transfer I use a heat gun after it is transferred to the item. This will set the transfer and keep it from rubbing off.

Ian groves

It is difficult to transfer on items that have a high polish. Sometimes it needs a little rub with something like a 320 paper and then clean with acetone. Also try a little heat to the stainless before you transfer. If you have a buffer you might try high polish on other objects to see if there are differences.

When I do a laser transfer I use a heat gun after it is transferred to the item. This will set the transfer and keep it from rubbing off.
thanks will give it a go i was thinking the same about the high polished surface just didnt know how to transfer

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
My transfer method starts with a pen & ink drawing then I transfer that to acetate then transfer to gun part. J.J.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Yes using it
Yes acetone? The straight acrtone seems to be hit and miss on some metals. I had huge problems on silver and sometimes on brass.
Now I use a cheap nailpolish remover to both clean the surface and to transfer. In between I use 3M magic tape to remove the last bit of oil or residue.
I noticed that on polished stainless I had to apply the transfer nice and wet with a cotton ball and let it sit for a few seconds. If I let it dry completely, the transfer comes straight off. If I take the paper off when wet...there is a nice transfer.

This works for me....hope it helps

Marc

Ian groves

Yes acetone? The straight acrtone seems to be hit and miss on some metals. I had huge problems on silver and sometimes on brass.
Now I use a cheap nailpolish remover to both clean the surface and to transfer. In between I use 3M magic tape to remove the last bit of oil or residue.
I noticed that on polished stainless I had to apply the transfer nice and wet with a cotton ball and let it sit for a few seconds. If I let it dry completely, the transfer comes straight off. If I take the paper off when wet...there is a nice transfer.

This works for me....hope it helps

Marc
Thanks I'll give it a go

Sponsors