trying to grow Part 2

K Frei

Elite Cafe Member
Hello all. i have taken most of you advice and have gone ahead and re drawn my flowing scroll... i hope that it is more appealing to you. i also did this one almost twice the size so you could see the shading better; i'm sure that there are mistakes so i will ask you to point them out and i will re draw again; practice before perfection. i hope that it is OK; i will try and do a before and after here. as always be honest gentle but honest.
K Frei
P.S. sorry if i was too terse on my last post. thank, all of you, who replied.

Attachments

• IMG_3182 resize.jpg
    IMG_3182 resize.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3174.JPG
    IMG_3174.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 105

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like the redraw! In the upper right, could you interweave the smaller croll with the larger one to it's immediate left (rather than just leaving it on top)?:handpiece:

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Much better. I'm not sure about the upper right side. The small scroll that is on top took a 90 degree turn that for me appeared to kill the flow. But I never claimed to be able to draw scrolls. I learning just like you.

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
keep in mind, when you draw it you gotta cut it or not. but....................in the end /beginning I would be looking for a little simpler design.

JohnR

Elite Cafe Member
Wow, what an improvement K Frei. Nice job and I really like your design and flow. Now if you work out those scroll flat spots and elbows it'll really look good. Also sometimes your leaves bunch up to closely on the backbone and then there are wide gaps at other points. Try to space them so its appealing to the eyes. Also a big :thumbsup: on your improved shading skills. You must have gotten some good instruction. Hope this helps.....JohnR

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
FKrei,That is quit an improvement in a short time,keep up on the drawing and it will all fall together for you.:thumbsup: J.J.

Latest posts

Sponsors