Wanted: Engravers Block

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Santo,
if you need something in the in-between that will hold just about anything plus rotates 360 deg. and is fairly cheap. Go to a machine shop or place that sells used machine tools and get a 4 jaw lathe chuck. I have a magna-block but still use the lathe chuck most of the time. I'm not a full time engraver, but a mostly self taught guy that uses hammer & chisel cuz i like the hand tool aspect of it. I got mine for $50, doubt if I'll ever get rid of it.:D I got pic's of this set up but the file size is too large to post here but glad to send to an email address.
Kent

DanM

Elite Cafe Member
Check with Minneapolis Technical College. at one time the machine shop classes were making engraving blocks for a good price. you may also want to check with the Jewelry Manufacturing class.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Santo,
I'm a guy who's always looking for a deal (mostly low cost deals).
I am skilled in machine work so I made me a block. It weighs about 45 lbs. It's OK, but a bit large. I then made a smaller one. It's OK, but a bit top heavy. So I bought one on a deal off Ebay (too small). I then bought a grs (just right).
Moral to story "Long after the price is forgotten the quality remains". The engraving block is one of the most used, most needed, helps upgrade good work to great work tool you will ever own.
Sacrifice and get a good one. You will never regret it.
Regards,
The finder of good deals.

Tezash

Engraver's Block

I need an engravers block and hope someone out there has one for sale.

Santo

I have an engraver's block for sale, it is used and in good condition, it has all attachments. The price is $125 and you will pay shiping and handling, still if you need one let me know. I can send you a picture.

Thanks Tez.

Santo

Elite Cafe Member
I have an engraver's block for sale, it is used and in good condition, it has all attachments. The price is $125 and you will pay shiping and handling, still if you need one let me know. I can send you a picture.

Thanks Tez.
Tez -- I am still in need and am very interested a pic would be great -- gsanto.haas@gmail.com

Thanks much

Santo

Elite Cafe Member
Santo,
I'm a guy who's always looking for a deal (mostly low cost deals).
I am skilled in machine work so I made me a block. It weighs about 45 lbs. It's OK, but a bit large. I then made a smaller one. It's OK, but a bit top heavy. So I bought one on a deal off Ebay (too small). I then bought a grs (just right).
Moral to story "Long after the price is forgotten the quality remains". The engraving block is one of the most used, most needed, helps upgrade good work to great work tool you will ever own.
Sacrifice and get a good one. You will never regret it.
Regards,
The finder of good deals.
Point well taken Glen and so true -- Thanks

Santo

Latest posts

Sponsors