Watch engraving - before and after

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
A few pics of my latest project. This Hublot watch is made of both stainless and titanium parts. Challenging and yes, a lot of sharpening! Came to me in pretty rough shape. Cleaned it up best I could and the deep relief work covered most of the dings! The idea for the bezel design came from Sam's Ornate Scrollwork book which I refer to often. IMG_0003IMG_0003.jpg IMG_2958.jpg IMG_2964.jpg IMG_3137IMG_3137.jpg

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
Great work as usual David. The closeups really show your clean and uniform cuts. I think its that cleanliness and smooth control that makes your jobs stand out. Will you please do me a favor and show a pic of your gravers you use next to something for size reference? My tiny cuts look like I used a hatchet (a small one) ! Thanks for posting, Mark

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Thank for your nice comments. speedy6 here is a pic when I first started cutting the titanium bezel. It shows the 105 graver that I used.

Attachments

• IMG_2998.jpg
    IMG_2998.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 113

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
David,

How you doing brother, had not been on the forum in years, I think, anyways I see your work is as clean as ever, great job!

Latest posts

Sponsors