Wd-40 And Stippeling Continued

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
I have been doing some more experimenting with the WD-40 and stippeling. It seems that when the work is slightly wet while stippeling the liqued fills the sharp indention in the work and defracts the light leaving the shinny metal that has not been stippled. This helps me see the shinny spots that I need to stipple as well as letting me know when the tool needs to be resharpened to that very sharp point. This after noon instead of WD-40 I used a clear cleaning solvent and had the same effect as I previously had with WD-40. It definetly makes stippling easier. I keep a little in a cup and wipe a little in the work then wipe off the excess. Let me know what you think.

Ed DeLorge

ED DELORGE

Elite Cafe Member
My friend this tiny little bit of fumes that come from the solvent that I wipe in the engraving is nothing compared to the amount of solvents that I breath every day while cleaning firearms in my everyday gunsmith business. Along with the time I spent in the coal mines and years as a smoker (I quit 30 years ago), I wonder how long these lungs will last.

Sponsors