Who's going to Reno?

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
I was just wondering who was planning to go to Reno. It would be great to be able to put faces with the names. My wife and I won't arrive until Friday night but we'll be spending Saturday and Sunday at the show. And of course, I'll be there for the seminars on Monday. Hope to see many of you soon. David

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
David,
I'll be in Reno. I'll go over Wednesday and spend two and a half days at the Safari Club Show. I'll spend Sat,Sun, and Mon at the quild show and seminar. It would be fun if we forum members could get together just as you say. Would'nt it be fun if Sam showed up?
Glenn

PS We all should assemble at Marty's table!

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think I might show up....
:)
Don't forget! There will be a "members welcome" Thursday evening from 5:00 to 7:00 in room 2718. Be sure to check for room changes at the elevator. Most members should get this info from the newsletter that is in the mail now but some may leave before the newsletter arrives.

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
I'll be there. Is the welcome meeting on the evening of the 25 or 26th? I am looking forward to meeting you all. Maybe we all could meet Saturday morning for coffee or what ever.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The welcome is on the evening of the 25th. The show runs till 9:00 on the 26th so we thought that would be too late. The Annual Meeting is 8:00 on the 27th so "extra" meeting time is always at a premium.

Andrew Biggs

Yip, I'll be there as well.

Only 3 sleeps to go and then it's over to LA and arrive Saturday to hook up with John B.

All very exciting...........................Roll on saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you there.

Cheers
Andrew

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Marty who's table????????????

I'll be flying in on weds and thead out after the seminars on monday..have a safe trip all

Marty who

rhenrichs

Elite Cafe Member
My wife are planning to arrive Thursday evening --providing that its not snowing in Denver and the good Lord and United Airlines are willing.

Roger

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
How about meeting at the Swee****er cafe at the Silver Legacy Friday evening or Saturday morning.

Last edited:

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a request for all those going to Reno.... Please take pictures and post them on the forum so we can see the who's who and the what's what. It is always great to see pictures of events and even better if we can get some eye-witness accounts of the FEGA show and of Safari too. Thanks.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Tira, this is something that I can do. I'll be attending both events and toting my little camera.:)

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't know how many of you that are showing up in Reno are FEGA members.but sat morning is the general membership meeting for FEGA members. If you are a member I hope you decide to wake up early and join the meeting of your organization.If you're not a member, it would be in your best interest to join if you are interested in engraving. The choice is yours

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
i leave on thursday around 1 pm eastern time i will have 4 colts to show on my table along with some knives that i have made and engraved .. stop by and say hello .. see all of you there .. ron p.

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Marty is right. The guild has helped me in more ways than I can count. My work is not even close to the quality of what I've seen on this site but it gets better every day. I owe that in part to the many members that have offered advice and critique over the years and I will be at the meeting to try and repay the generosity.

What would be really great to see is a bunch of new younger members that want to be involved with the guild. I'm 33 and pretty sure that I'm well below the average age right now. I know that there are alot of younger people that are interested in the engraving arts and I truly believe that adding younger points of view would make the guild even stronger than it already is. That's just my hobo nickels worth. David

Last edited:

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
David your right all the way around. I would bet your 20 years younger than the average fega members age. That is why we need some young blood. An organization is only as good as the people who are in it and the effort expended by those people. I know for a fact that the fega group is totally top shelf talent. Being associated with these people is a privilage that can only improve ones skill level. Besides they are great guys and gals.

Sponsors