work in progress big five , desing and game scene by jacoby pascal ornament martens

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks great, and after trying some elephants myself, sure your is appreciated. I know you didn't ask for it, but the screw bothers me

arnaud

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
This is absolutely top class!! The scene and the ornament absolutely world class!! Love the elegance and symmetry! And Arnaud next time before you post a critique think a bit, it's a work in PROGRESS and screws are 'always' hold for the last to be engraved..

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bram, is that a rule to have the screw only have engraved last? wat een dogma
I know it only shows progress, but why then ruin the screw?

arnaud

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
anybody else curious about the seemingly random distribution of the as yet unshaded leaves? boy, i thought i had attention span difficulties. that's my biggest problem with engraving metal- there's ALWAYS something shiny to distract me!

(but what is finished is beautiful!)

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Martens,

The work is elegant. The scrollwork has such subtle shading, it is very lifelike and shows well defined depth and contrast, it appears to provide a smooth transition that seems to soften the highlights. The shading looks to my inexperienced eyes to be both line and bulino, and is lined first and smoothed into the subtle transitions with bulino, is this so? I keep telling myself it’s all line and then I change my mind and start seeing it as all bulino. It’s beautiful and subtle shading however you created it.

Bob

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well I don't see Marcus Hunt jumping in, sure he could point on some anatomy mistakes. On Chris 's Forum there was even critique on Adone Pozzobon 's elephant.
So marvellous I think is a bit exaggerated as it is not even finished.

arnaud

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
pascal the elephants I giving you an A+also martens your scrolls are first class,gentleman keep the good work.Can't wait to see the gun when it finished.J.J.