9 May

Dmitry Martinov

Elite Cafe Member
I just wanted to say thank you for memory of people who put their heads in World War II. Today the humanity celebrate the victory day !!!!!!!!

guzzi

Dmitry:

Thank you for reminding us of the sacrifices the entire world made in this horrific global event 62 years ago.
August of this year will also mark the ending of this conflict in the Pacific. We would not be here (as we are today) if brave men and women did not go in harms way to protect us.

j

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Dmitry,

Thanks for the sober reminder of the sacrifices of the greatest generation. As a new engraver, I am thusfar only a lurker here as I have no engraving skill or knowledge to contribute. I am happy to jump on this thread and contribute my 2c on this thread though. I live near San Antonio TX which hosts a large and diverse military community. I try to always thank servicemen when I encounter them for their service to my country and for the freedom they preserve.

The other day I met a grizzled old-timer wearing a WWII veteran ball cap coming into a convenience store as I was on the way out and offered the same "Thank you" for his sacrifice so long ago. He clasp my hand and gave me a very abbridged of his time in the service as if it were yesterday. I spent no more than 5 minutes in conversation with him and by the time we parted company, we were both fighting back tears.

We are priveledged to have some of these brave, selfless individuals still among us.

Latest posts

Sponsors