a 16 ga.

tnartist05

Back when I made the bowie knive,I carved a old single barrel J.C. Higgins 16ga and engraved the block with a rabbit and a beagle.

I wish Id waited on working with guns till now! Think I would have done alot better job with the engraving part. Your thoughts or comments are welcome. Tn~

* Some better picts I just attacted here *

Attachments

• engraved metal blockzzz.jpg
    engraved metal blockzzz.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 178
  • carved stock and grip000.jpg
    carved stock and grip000.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 145
  • carved engraved 16 gazz.jpg
    carved engraved 16 gazz.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 86
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 55
  • w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks to me like you've got the skills and just need to get proper engraving tools. Well, perhaps a little time learning how to work them so you can use the skills you already have in the new medium. :)

tnartist05

Thank you Steve,for your nice thoughts and the good information and you are so right! I hope to soon start getting some engravers tools plus learn the proper way of using them.

I appreciate you taken your time to view this work and once again,thanks for your good advise.

Tn~

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
Tn,
The first gun I engraved is my most liked firearm.... as you can only have one "first". Your first is very cool... I like the way you just jumped in and did it in a very bold way... It's great. Your next will be better... just wait and see.

tnartist05

Dennis,I have three guns plus several pistols and a large Case knive collect plus other things,I'd saved for my now three older children. Just something to past down to them besides money. LOL

I do appreciate you taken your time to ck out this old 16 ga, plus your nice thoughts of encouragement.
I will post the other 2 guns for your viewing.

Tn~

FL-Flinter

Elite Cafe Member
I like it - the combination of carving and graving captures the moments. So call me a sentimental old fool but it jogs the memory of an old friend and hunting partner, an early morning hunt, feet wet from the dew and your partner instantly breaking off the scent and changing direction as the bunny explodes from it's cover.

Very nice work indeed. Curious as to with what and how you colored the carvings.

Mark

tnartist05

FL Flinter Mark I didnt do much engraving years ago or now even but would like to get more into engraving now. I carve alot and have painted most of my life. On the carving board Im on,I have near 3000 post and in a year and a half,Ive carved over 250 items in that time frame,I carve most every day.

The stock thats carved is painted with acrylics and sealer applied. Thanks for your neat input and I appreciate your nice compliments. Tn~

tnartist05

RT Bit & Spur Rod,thank you,I appreciate your good thoughts but I carve and paint alot better now days.

Tn~

Last edited: