A little Fun

Powderhorn

Elite Cafe Member
Had a little fun yesterday at the Las Vegas, NV gun show. SDCOXX and I met up, and toured the show, looking for trouble, and things to get into. As in looking at engraving on guns and knives. We saw some nice work, and a few stinkers. Steven had some of his Nickels, and a knife along, and I just had a couple of practice plates along for show and tell.
It was kinda funny, in that some of the people that we talked to could have cared less about the engraving, and others were goggled eyed over it, it makes one wonder.
PS. The show didn't allow pictures, so none to follow.

Dulltool

Elite Cafe Member
Powderhorn,
I know what you mean....As the grandson of an engraver (he died in 1966) I've always been goggled eyed over anything hand engraved. My whole life I've appreciated this art form in absolute amazement.... I just don't understand it when someone just shrugs their shoulders with complete indifference after viewing a beautifully engraved Colt SAA for example... Are they crazy?... I think some people are just lacking soul for things of beauty brought forth by the human hand.

Powderhorn

Elite Cafe Member
Here is one of the practice plates that I took along to the show. The one on the left is my second inlay try, the one on the right is my 3rd.

Attachments

• 100_0061.jpg
    100_0061.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 101

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
looks nice to me, the third try. i havent tried any type of inlays as yet, all i have is " outlays " of cash !! i still have so much more to learn and so much more to attempt concerning engraving, maybe thats why its so enjoyable. and you cant learn what you are really capable of until you try, just looking and not doing serves nothing......