A quickie in the Men's Room

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I bet that title got you attention.

The last class I taught in Emporia had a strange incident. Some us were washing our hands and someone mentioned that you know, you could engrave these faucets. I was like, “Yes, you could, someone go get my wiggle tool and bright cut graver. “ Well, they did and here is my first piece of plumbing engraving. Initially the wiggle and bright cuts were cut right then, on the sink. Some of the other cuts, and the sculpted oak leaves were done later in the vise with the use of some Thermo lock to try to fix some of my slips on the sink itself. Do you know how hard it is to engrave bent over a piece of plated chrome with a bunch of guys laughing at you?

Attachments

• IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0694-1.jpg
    IMG_0694-1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 282

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They look good Scott..I hope you knocked off the burrs on those handles.I would hate to see someone gash their fingers and sue GRS for the quick end to their short career as an engraver......but also considering all the headlines of late about mens rooms and airports.........a quickie in the mens room is rather risque

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Nice Scott,
If you get a Palm Control you could do Quickies every where you travel...
I have some extra 20 oz CO2 tanks...
Best,
Jerry

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Yeah, you could create street culture of engraffity, that would be cool!

But I think the quickie looks real nice!

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You know Scott.....if you were in Iran for this mens room quickie....and four males witnessed this...you could be executed

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Ya, I can see it now. ENGRAVER NABBED!
Today Joe Engraver was arrested for putting Mickey Mouse
faces on the facet handles. The magic kingdom police said "we even had these guy's
putting Daffy Duck on Door knobs". Chief Pluto was heard to say "you can't wash that stuff off and if
you try painting over it, you can still see". One lady noted, "they're cute and really well done". I heard
the President was going to have the White House engraffitied. Bush was heard to say, "I show those
Democrats, put a W on every shiny surface you can find".;)

Last edited:

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Folks,

This is what happens when hillbilly's get around modern plumbing!

Just kidding, Scott!

This could explain a lot! (Cave wall paintings, etc, etc...)

What a neat idea!

Weldon

Scott,
I think you could sell this idea on the home improvement channel.
You can do workshops at Home Depot on Saturday.
I think you have opened up a whole new way for engravers to make a buck.
Very Cool.
Gail

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You know Gail, I bet there would be a market if you made some connections to the high end contractors that did expensive houses, to offer their clients a monogram on every faucet in the house.

Andrew Biggs

I had the pleasure of useing these fausets at GRS while I was there.

Two things happened. The first is my skin became softer and felt 10 years younger. The second was that if you look closly at the engraving you can see the Madonna in the engraving. This probabley explains the softer skin. I'm not sure if Scott put it there deliberatley or his hand was guided by a higher power!!!!

I can see a day when people will make a pilgrimage from all over the world to be cured by the fausets magic properties. At the moment GRS are trying to downplay this modern miracle but it won't be long before the word gets out. Rumour also has it that the students who find this faucet and wash their hands under the divine water show a remarkable increase in their engraving skills.

Believe it.............or not!! :)

Cheers
Andrew

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
I know this doesn't count as one of a kind, but I have engraved dies to be used for base plates for expensive bathroom shower fixtures as well as dies for fancy light switch panels and outlet covers. I don't know if the program is still running but Kholer used to sponcer artists and craftsmen for a year at one of their facilities here in wisconsin. Show them your idea.

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There's some funny stuff here. I'm sure there is a market for this type of embelisment. I was shocked to hear GRS's fixtures were not already engraved. That's a good idea Steve, the light switch covers. I'm sure Joe Hardy (he's a lumber tycon in PA) would have kept someone busy for a long time. He put his initals on everything in his mansion.

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
Hmm with Balding Wax and makeing a pilgramage to Emporia to touch the fausets i may get to be an engraver yet!!!

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
Ohhhh Yeahhhhhhhhh i need the socks thanks for remindin me Tira that could have screwed up the whole deal!!!!