About that piddle stuff.

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
After 2 1/2 days of reading instructions, and moving my new air compressor around and some other adjustments I finely got The Graver Max SC up and running. So far so good, attached is the first air powered engraving. I used both The Monarch and the Large tool on this. The plate is 1/2 x 1 ''.

Jim Sackett

Piddeling.JPG

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
your foto is a bit fuzzed. but id say you probably need a bit of practice with the tool sharpening. and you're probably laying in too much "hand" on your hand piece. on work this small, a lighter touch will give you a better result. what gravers are you using jim? john baraclaugh did a tutorial on how to make some small, low cost gravers that will work for this. but the sharpening can be a booger if you're doin it by hand. whatever, surely keep at it !!
ps: i've only used the gravermeister, not the one you have- but it can do some delicate stuff with the right graver and a proper sharpening.

Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jim

Tip I picked up at my class with Lee Griffiths - roll the graver in your fingers, don't let your hand turn - you'll get a lot smoother and more controlled cut that way.

Jim Sackett

Elite Cafe Member
The fish are calling!

Thank you Monk & Steve for the good tips, I have a lot to learn. But today I am heading out to the fishing hole.

I will pick this up Sunday night or Monday you all have a nice week-end.

Jim Sackett

Sunfish.jpg

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That the layout for an inlay project Jim? :p

One great thing about being a newbie - we've got so much to try! :)

Sponsors