Question: Acrobat stand question

JB*

Will a B&L StereoZoom4 work on an Acrobat stand?
The B&L has a rectangular mount, which I do have a stand for, but I need to know if I can get it to mount onto the GRS stand, either on a swivel mounting point or the screw height adjustment mount.
I called GRS and they were quite vague, saying they make it for the Meji and that's about all they know.

Thanks in advance.

JB

Andrew Biggs

Hi JB

With an acrobat stand you drop the microscope into a circular holding device that holds the scope just above the lens and is secured by 3 screws.

If you want I can take a close up photo of the actual mount and give you the exact measurements of the hole and fitting.

Cheers
Andrew

JB*

Andrew:
Thanks for the reply. I do understand that the scope mount itself is the round one for the Meji and it is around 87 mm. I was wondering if there was any way to jury rig the mount that is on my scope which is rectangular in shape to the Acrobat aticulating arm. If anybody has mounted a BL scope to the GRS, please let me know how you did it.

Thanks again.

JB

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
JB,
I really don't know just what the B&L scope looks like but the "ring" mount on the stand is held on by 2 allen screws. I used to have an Olympus scope and made a different size ring for that but needless to say it was easy as it was round. I would go to the GRS site and download the instructions for the stand and you will get a better idea how it is assembled. Also, you might call another JB. JB Taylor is tech support at GRS and he may have dealt with them before.

airamp

Elite Cafe Member
Hi,

Since you have the scope mount there should be a (1/2 to 5/8 inch) pin

on it for mounting into the B&L arm.

You can ask what the mounting hole on the acrobat stand stand is for the scope mount. If it close then it will work since they usully hold the mount with a screw that compresses around the pin in the mount.

AirAmp

Latest posts

Sponsors