Air rotor tool by GRS

DARNEW

I was looking at the GRS catalog and noticed the new air hand rotor tool. I have used the fordoms and like them. I was just wanting to see if someone out there has one and how they feel about its performance. Thankyou, Doug

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doug,
If you are referring to the GRS 850A rotory handpiece, I have one as well as a Foredom Model H, high speed bench grinder and Dremel.

The 850A is in a totally different category. The 850A is 300,000 - 400,00 rpm vs 15,000 - 30,000. If torque is needed, the 850A is not as good os the Foredom, etc. If precision and efficiency is a priority, the 850A excels.

If you do a search, there was a thread that went into a lot of details.

Good luck,
Peter

carl bleile

Elite Cafe Member
the GRS at high speed can burn up a lot of cutters, reduce the speed and you lose torque. the slightest mistouch can cause a major repair or ruined piece. could be very usefull in jewelry.

DARNEW

Thanks, Iam thinking about using it to remove the background behind the scroll work. Right now Iam using my square and flat gravers but it is really slow.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As Carl mentioned, using the GRS for backround removal has its risks. The slightest mistake causes some fast damage to your work. That being said, I can do some very precise work that my Foredom flexible shaft isn't good for.

If you have a chance, try one out.

Peter

Latest posts

Sponsors