alternative mint raided by the Feds

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sounds like the bumper stickers are true, the government hates competition; and in my old home town no less! I hope these guys are legit and get to sue the crap out of the government for their trouble...

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Careful what you say and print, the Big Eye of the Government is always watching...
I always thought the Federal Reserve loaned the Government money and told them what they should do with the money they Loaned...
Ain't they something...
Jerry

Cody

Elite Cafe Member
Not sure I get where they are going with this statement " Another concern may be the discrepancy between the nominal face value of the coins and their actual specie value, which is generally somewhat lower, especially on the new copper coinage. Prosecutors may argue that by placing a dollar value on the coins Von Nothaus was defrauding customers because the real value was substantially lower." Does this mean that selling a hobo nickel for more than the intrinsic value of the alloy is fraud?. If the value is in the artwork, than the same argument can be made about the "Ron Paul" dollars, the value is in the "artwork".

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
If you are engraving,and think that you are not known to the treasury dept.you might be mistaken.I was photographed and my finger prints came into their possesion without my consent.

Otto Carter

Elite Cafe Member
20 miles Southeast of Abilene, Texas on 22 acres.
Back in 1963, John F. Kennedy thought he had a solution to get us out of the debt/credit cycle with the foreign owned Federal Reserve Bank. By executive order, he had constitutional United States Notes printed with no bank debt attached. This would have solved our economic crisis. After he was assassinated the first thing that Johnson did was to stop the presses on those notes. I have one in my possession. It reads "United States Note" at the top. Not "Federal Reserve Note".

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very Interesting

Otto
Humm
Very interesting indeed can you post a pic of this bank note. Thanks Dave

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
United States note

Actually, the first United States notes were printed during the civil war and the last were $100 bills printed in 1966. The total debt authorized for the notes was around $300 million, a substantial amount in the 1860's, but not much by today's standards. The easiest way to tell one from other notes is by the color of the seal and serial number. U.S. notes are red, silver certificates are blue, fed reserve notes are green, gold certs are gold and national banknotes are brown. Also, special notes printed in WWII for Hawaii had brown seals and notes printed for military use in North Africa and Sicily have gold seals. I have a set on 1 dollar bills with all five colors. They look pretty cool.

Joe Paonessa

Otto Carter

Elite Cafe Member
20 miles Southeast of Abilene, Texas on 22 acres.
The really sad part is that according to the findings of the Grace Commission of 1982, all of your tax money goes to the bankers. Not one penny of it pays for anything. See http://www.uhuh.com/taxstuff/list-gra.htm So to get this topic back on engraving. It's better to do hobo art on coins to increase their value. I still want to do one of those one day. I just don't know where to begin.
OC

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Otto, it seems we could have a big discussion about the whole money scandal in the US, my favorite quote in that regard is America is in that really awkward stage, when you know it is too late to work within the system for change, but it's too early to start shooting the ba******
but that said..... GO RON PAUL!

Anyway, back to the engraving , why don't you put your dads P47 on a nickel, That big ugly jug of a nose would just about fill the nickel with the cockpit just at the edge of the border with the nose art being just off center of the nickel. The slow even curves of the Jug would be relatively easy to carve, and be a good way to get your feet wet with a hobo nickel.

Latest posts

Sponsors