Announcement: Art of the Cowboy Makers - entry deadline

Casey Jordan

To all Engravers, Bit & Spur makers:

This is just a reminder that the entry deadline for this contest is April 30th. We need to have all entries in by then so we can have everything done for the contest.
The top 10 from each category will go straight from the contest to the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame for a two month display.
We still have room in all categories but spurs are filling up quickly. There doesn't seem to be much interest in Bits though. Any bit makers?

Also a special "Thank You" to GRS for being our Engraving Sponsor!!

What we need from entrants:

1. Description: A short (paragraph) description of your entry including price if it is for sale. The sale will be between you and the buyer. If it has already been sold or is part of someones collection, we will put that where the price would be.

2. Biography: We will also need a biography of the maker or makers. This will be used for all entries that will be at the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame display. This will give the public at the museum more information about you.

3. Business cards: Don't forget to bring business cards to put out next to your entry. If you are mailing your entry to me just include them with your entry. All extras will be returned.

Most questions can be answered on our website: www.artofthecowboymakers.com
There is a link at the bottom of the rules page to print out an entry application.
Any other questions just email or call: cjleatherwork@yahoo.com 602-482-9758

Casey Jordan

Griff,

I only need the application and a $50.00 deposit right now. The piece and the remainder of the entry fee does not need to be there until May 19 by noon. The judgeing will start at noon.

Judgeing is done by all contestants in that category, so all spur makers entered judge the spurs. This will determine the "Champion Spur Maker".
We will pay cash prizes and ribbons first three places and the "Champion" in each category will receive a Trophy Buckle also.

This contest is inconjunction with The Loveland Old West Round-up.
The "Peoples Choice" winner will be judged by all makers, vendors, and public show attendees. The "People's Choice" winner will receive a Trophy Buckle.

Any questions just ask!

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
I could not find any info on the website regarding returns, may not have looked in the right spot. So my question is, For those unable to attend the show and just send items in, will there be return shipping provided?

Casey Jordan

Brian,

Yes, we will get your item shipped back to you. What we are planning is having pre-paid postage boxes to leave at the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame.
Of course all shipping cost are the responsability of the entrant.

You can have someone bring your item or mail it to me.
If you need to mail your item to me I will need it by May 8th. I will be leaving the week before the contest and want to make sure I get it in time.

Any other questions just ask!

Casey Jordan

The question was asked: What can be entered into the engraving category?
You can enter anything except bits & spurs since we already have categories for those.
So it is up to you what you want to put in.
If your a gun engraver you could even just put in a floor plate or frame parts and not the whole gun. Just something that will show case your engraving.

Any comments and questions welcome!

Casey Jordan

A couple people have asked if they need to be present to enter.

No, you don't have to be there to enter or win.

Your entry can be brought by a friend of yours or can be mailed to me to take for you.

Any questions just ask!

Casey Jordan

A special "Thank You" to all of our sponsors.

GRS Tools and Traning Center is our engraving sponsor and will be set up at the show.

Josh Hamlin and Diane Scalese from GRS will be on hand with show specials!

Here's a list of all our category sponsors:

Sponsor

People's Choice Bits

Engel's Auctions

People's Choice Boots

Joe Flores

People's Choice Braiding

Larry & Cindy Peck

People's Choice Engraving

Lucky Stars Ranch

People's Choice Saddle

Dave & Cheryl Richardson

People's Choice Spurs

Suzy Barrier

Bits

Brighton Feed & Saddlery

Boots

Alan & Cathy Wilkinson

Braiding

U-Braid-It Braiding Supply Co

Engraving

GRS Tools and Engraving School

Saddles

Colorado Saddle Makers Assoc

Spurs

David Hewitt

Other Sponsors

Suzy Barrier

Ramona Turman-Hulick

Leather Crafters & Saddlers Journal

Kurt House

Casey Jordan

One week left to entry deadline of April 30th.

Just a quick point.
Some makers have said they would not enter because they could not win.
My answer is win, lose or draw you are going to come out ahead.

Consider this:
For a $100.00 entry fee you get exposure to 4 or 5 hundred people at the contest and then several thousand more at the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame during the two month exibit.
You will have your website, contact information and pictures of your work on our website.
You also get the chance to win cash and prizes.

I have entered the engraving contest knowing I won't win because my engraving is not good enough to win.
I'm not trying to be modest, it's just a fact.
I entered for the cheap exposure of my work. Where else can you get this much exposure for $100.00?
Something to think about!

I have seen a lot of great work on this site. You might be suprised with the enterest you get by having others to see your work too.

Any questions just ask!
Comments and suggestions welcome!
Thanks, Casey

Casey Jordan

To all makers that wait 'till the last minute to enter:

This is very Important!!
If your application is in the mail by Friday, April 30th we will accept your entry. Please let me know it is on the way.
But we will need you to email your biography and description by Friday, April 30th.
We are having posters made for the Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame with the makers bio's on them.
Any descriptions and bio's received after April 30th will not be included on the posters. SORRY!
This has to go to the printer by May 3rd. We will need a couple days to do the layout and design.

As always please ask any questions here or call me: 602-482-9758

Thanks, Casey

Sponsors