Beretta Hardness

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
A fellow wants me to do some cleanup work on a Beretta double rifle. I do not know what to expect as to hardness or what actual process they use for the coin finish on the gun. Any of you have experience with them or knowledge of their finish process?

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have done some berreta pistols. There were not bad. I don't know about their longer firearms.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam,
Can't say for the rifle but I know a lot of the shotguns have a proprietary coin finish that is really hard. I know that isn't an answer but just approach with caution.
Rex

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I can't remember where I got the information, but I seem to remember that Beretta shotguns are quite hard, and i have always assumed the rifles were made the same way. I would love to hear differently.

Jim B

Sam, Last fall I did some checking on engraving on a Beretta 682 Greystone. With every thing I found they were not able to be engraved. Not sure if it was the finish or what.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, I did a couple of shotguns a few ago. They were hard but I got them done. Can't say I enjoyed it much. My guess is that rifles would have the possibility of being even harder due to higher ammo pressure.