Bond derringer latest piece

James Wark

Hello all,

This is the latest firearm I have engraved. Just wanted to do a small amount of coverage. Please point out areas of improvement that you see. The stainless cut very nicely.
Thanks
Jim

0415.JPG

0416.JPG

0417.JPG

0418.JPG

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hi Jim .. let me be the first to say great looking work , I like your style and the deep relief back ground , keep them coming .. ron p.

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
James
Looks very smooth, I plan to engrave a Bond derringer this fall, so your derringer caught my attention, i,m planning on using some of my coin cutting background to cut a portrait on the derringer i,ll be engraving.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'd be proud to own that.... hell, I'd be proud to get shot with it for that matter. Proof positive that a gun don't need full coverage scroll to be beautiful. Fine job!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
j wark, looks great ! i don't think anything ever has to be smothered with engraving in order to "look nice".
billzach- that would be a *****in idea, bro. a hobo deringer. that would truly be a collectors delight !

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Jim , i like it , very tasteful and not over done imho.
Off topic but whats it like to touch that off in .45 colt? Bet its a handful!
thanks for showing,
Kent

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
James, Great looking gun. I like bill have one of those sitting in my safe ready for engraving if i can ever get to it. I picture it as a winter project.

James Wark

Thanks Kent and D.Douglas,
I have not fired this derringer but it is mighty tempting. I will be getting another one soon, as it was a nice fun project.
Jim

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Jim,
Very classy! Nice and clean. I have a similar stainless derringer with a satin finish. I have considered engraving mine. I am curious if you had to redo or touch up the satin finish after engraving. If so, can you explain the process?
Thanks for sharing your work!

James Wark

Hi Jim,
This piece had a polished finish, I lightly touched up with 320 grit sandpaper and it matched the factory finish fine. remember to polish in the same direction as the factory finish or it will just highlight there finishing marks. I actually had very few burrs, this steel cut great.
Thanks
Jim

Latest posts

Sponsors