Bright cut engraving pics

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here are some more pics of bright cut engraving. Sorry for the quality. I don't do much with turquoise but the barrette and earrings are what the customer wanted. One of the pics is a bracelet in the making. The final pictures were too blurry. The round piece is a horn cap for Kathy's Show Equipment also the tips and swell caps are Kathy's. Once again sorry for the quality. Rather than start a new thread, I have added a photo of a die that I use in the kick press to dome a 1.75" saddle concho. It is made of cold rolled steel. Thanks.

Attachments

• PIC_0054 (Medium).JPG
    PIC_0054 (Medium).JPG
    81 KB · Views: 249
  • PIC_0101 (Medium).JPG
    PIC_0101 (Medium).JPG
    83 KB · Views: 251
  • PIC_0076 (Medium).JPG
    PIC_0076 (Medium).JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 265
  • PIC_0091 (Medium).JPG
    PIC_0091 (Medium).JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 293
  • PIC_0139 (Medium).JPG
    PIC_0139 (Medium).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
At first the pins had sharp edges and early on in my engraving days I only let them cut open my knuckles 40 or 50 times before I figured out that I should remove the sharp edges!

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice work on the engraving but you've got to get a tripod for your camera so we can see those details. :)

Or just use a beanbag (which can, in fact, be a bag of beans - or popcorn, or rice, or ...) Just something so the camera isn't in your hands and moving around.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Norm,

If you have a tripod, put the camera on it and use the 'self-timer' mode. You'll be amazed at how much sharper the pictures are. Check first to make sure the camera can focus properly at the distance you're at. As others have mentioned sometimes you have to get further back to get good focus and then crop on the computer to get just the bit you want.

If you don't have a tripod you can set the camera on some sort of beanbag - as I mentioned, a bag of rice, beans, popcorn, or anything like that will work just fine. You'll probably have to stand the work up against something to get it flat relative to the camera lens, but once again you'll get much clearer pictures.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks guys. As soon as I get a minute I will set something up properly. I had something interesting happen today that will take your mind off of engraving. The turbocharger went south on my field tractor. 650$ for that. It will be in on Friday. I thought that it would be twice the money. Hopefully no parts went into the engine. I didn't even swear.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Greg. Busy running in circles. Is it busy man or stupid man? I often think of myself in the latter. As you can imagine, every bolt is corroded on the hot side of the turbo.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If anyone is interested I have added a photo of a die that I use in my kick press to dome a 1.75" saddle concho. Thanks everyone again for the camera help. I promise I will work on it.

Last edited:

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'll make the attempt later this morning when it warms up a little. If I get some work done in the shop first it will keep my frustration level down on the turbo removal.

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
LOL i understand.... I hate mechcanicing,I would rather be covered in cow crap than gettin greasey lol