buckle on the bench

steichman

Just thought i would post something that i have been playing with, the buckle is 2"-3" 1/8" steel. it is difficult to see but there is a fine gold border the finished product will be blued. The corgie is pure silver fairly thick as i like to have a heavy releif.

Steve

Attachments

• DSC03681.jpg
    DSC03681.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC03680.jpg
    DSC03680.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 185

Andrew Biggs

Hi Steve

I like the way you have incorporated the two designs in your border. That's going to be a very nice buckle when blued with the silver and gold standing out.

If I could make a suggestion for future work...............When you bead a background like that, try to get them touching one another so that the beads are a lot closer together and even. Start by going around the edges and working your way into the middle.This will give the background a really nice texture and look a lot better. It's quite a bit more work but I think you'll find the results worth the effort.

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Steve,
I'm with Andrew on the border treatment. Very unique and well balanced. Your leaves have a lot of dimension and life too.
Thank you for showing it.

steichman

Thanks for the pointers guy's. I did get a bit lazy on the background. I try to keep my hours to about fiveteen as these sell for about three to four hundred dollars. it is easy to spend to much time and harder to get compensated for the effort. It was fun anyways!