Buying and Selling Rules?

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just thought I'd ask if it were ok for me to list some engraved items on buy and sell to see if other engravers would be interested in buying another engravers work??

I did see a note on the beginners start here cafe rules page about buy and sell being only for engraving related tools. I haven't had much luck in selling anything. I made a website and even recently had a go at setting up a etsy store. The website has resulted in a couple of sales and half a dozen new commissions, or in other words a few inquiries a year. 95% of my work actually came through an aussie blade forum for knife makers and knife collectors.

Thanks all.

Danae

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
all that i've ever seen has been tools. successful marketing of your work can be more challenging than the work itself. just relax, enjoy the journey. one day all will come together if one persists. diversification in what you engrave can be a help. buckles, jewelry. bracelets, love tokens, wedding party stuff, & etc-----

Last edited:

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
maybe I could try listing some engravings for sale here, doubt anyone would buy, but maybe someone would value the work here.

Goldjockey

Elite Cafe Member
Good morning, Danae. Have you considered making and selling an engravers video tutorial for Concepts? The work you’re doing with the app is really outstanding.

monk

Staff member
buy and sell classified adds are for tools, equipment, fixtures, and gadjets that make work easier. nobody i know of has sold engravings here. one exception-- you can make castings of a particular piece of work and sell in the classified section. the castings come under the heading of " a study aid".

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
im
Good morning, Danae. Have you considered making and selling an engravers video tutorial for Concepts? The work you’re doing with the app is really outstanding.
super shy, talk hard to understand, don't know how... if you want some tips and then have a go at that idea yourself though, or is anyone else keen?

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
buy and sell classified adds are for tools, equipment, fixtures, and gadjets that make work easier. nobody i know of has sold engravings here. one exception-- you can make castings of a particular piece of work and sell in the classified section. the castings come under the heading of " a study aid".
how badly do castings come out without getting a vacuuming shaking tank gizmo?

monk

Staff member
dani: i've never done this. it's rather simple to do. you buy the correct resin, mix, and pour over the object you wish to duplicate. a "dam" or some other way must be used to keep the resin where it belongs. it may be possible to perhaps brush the resin on the part. there may be tips on this subject. try the search bar. another option is to give youtube a visit. one can learn most anything there. good luck.

monk

Staff member
i have bought a couple castings. they appear to be quite faithful to the original work. i doubt apump or vacuum tank is needed for the technique.

Latest posts

Sponsors