Colt pocket 32 hammerless

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just finished up this old colt. It showed up in my mail box a few weeks ago. This will probably be the last I see it.

No transfers. I just drew the design on the metal and started cutting. The client sent me reference pictures and I did something similar. I did do a wax transfer from one side to the other, reversing it. After doing a wax transfer, I use an extra fine marker to draw out the design. This helps me see what I'm doing, as most of the time I only use an optivisor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 243

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you. Not sure how the customer will finish it as it's in the white.

These are some progress pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 219
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 217
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 217

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you.

JJ, thanks for sending that article copy. Much appreciated. I haven't had a chance to read it all, but it is definitely very interesting!

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Bert,Next gun show in Chantilly is November 22,23,and 24th if you find time come visit,that Colt turn out really nice.:thumbsup:J.J.

Last edited:

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks JJ. That will be a couple days after my wife delivers our new baby. I think I will have my hands full that weekend. I might see you though in Dec

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Bert I've been there with three children you will have your hands full,I well be set up at small gun fair November 8,9,and 10 at the Water Fowl Festival in Easton Maryland hope to see you there. J.J.