Contemporary Longrifle Association show

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Hello to all my talented unknown friends,
I'd like to invite those interested in the annual CLA show in Lexington KY., Aug. 15 (8-8PM) & 16 (8-4PM) at the Lexington Civic Center/Rupp Arena.
This year is being advertised as the "show of shows". This is the first year of having antique arms included in the predominately contemporary show. Our organization is interested in the muzzleloading arms and their accouterments, which includes paintings, sculpture and other decorative arts. The mission of the CLA is to get the collectors and artists together in a venue of the highest quality artwork in the country by contemporary makers.
This year the CLA Foundation will unvale our latest project, "The House Brothers Rifle". This rifle is a flintlock that has been made lock, stock and barrel by Hershel, Frank and John House of Woodbury KY. fame. It will be raffled off in '09. All iron mounts were forged as was the barrel and lock. Hershel is well known in the field and has been written about in numerous articles probably most noted was an interview of Hershel in the "Foxfire" book in the 80's I believe. Anybody that has visited Friendship, IN.( home of the National Muzzleloading Rifle Association) may recognize these talented fellows.
Oh yes.......you'll find some fine engraving also.
Interested in the CLA...........www.longrifle.com or pm me and I'll be happy to try to answer any questions.
Mark
www.MarkThomas-graver.com

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
A fellow I know is going, his name is Larry Avery he will display an English sporting rifle I engraved this spring. The rifle furniture is polished to an impossible shine about 2000 grit , .54 cal. , English walnut stock with a Chambers round faced flintlock.
I'm gonna be up north so I will miss the show.
Kent

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
There sure is some purty stuff on thatta website. Some are purty and pricey, alright. Feast to a muzzleloader enthusiast eyes, though. Now how do I clean the
of my keyboard?

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
I just heard yesterday that Steve Lindsay will be there with the Palm Control and Paul Hamler showing his new ways to inlay fine wire in wood and a few other tricks he comes up with...
Wish I had the time, maybe next year...
Enjoy,
Jerry

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Just made my reservations, I understand that this show is going to be the first to have original long rifles along with the contemporary rifles available for viewing. I best leave the check book and credit cards home.

Latest posts

Sponsors