Corel Draw Question

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
I would like to know if I can bring a scanned drawing into Corel Draw. Mirror it saving the original. Then merge both the original and the mirrored images into one. So that I can then transfer it onto my work piece.
I know the scanned image is not a vector graphic. Do I have to make it so to merge the two pictures?
I know there is a trace command. Would I have to use that to do the merge?
I'm useing Corel Draw 12.

Thank you,
Jeff Graham

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
Corel Draw

Hi,

This is how I would do it. Import your image into Corel Draw. click on it once to bring up the square sizing handles on the outside. To mirror left to right: While holding down the CTRL key, left click and hold the mouse pointer on the left center handle of your drawing. Pull the mouse to the right until the outline box flips over to the right. Before letting go of the left mouse button, press and hold the right mouse button. Now let go of the left mouse button and you will have a mirror of your original, plus the original. Now you can treat it as any other corel drawing, I hope this helps.

Joe Paonessa

Andrew Biggs

Hi Jeff

Yes you can do all of that in Corel Draw or Corel Photo Paint. Flip, rotate, mirror image, slant, resize, etc. etc.

Not sure if you can "merge" them in Corel Draw.......but you can "group" them which effectivley joins them together.

Have a play with the auto-trace as well. The trick with the auto trace commands is in the dialouge box click 2 colours (black and white). Then in the line colour dialoge box click CYMK and bring the slider to the darkest black..............by doing that you get jet black transfers everytime.

A word of warning.................. be careful with scanned image sizes. I've noticed that scanning can sometimes slightly distort the image. It is very slight and not even noticeable to the human eye. But it can make the difference between scrolls touching or not touching borders etc. Sometimes you have to slightly "tweek" the image and manually resize. (which is a 10 second job)

Cheers
Andrew

Neo Dutch

Elite Cafe Member
Choose your item, left click and hold, drag the item to the side while pressing control to constrain to the horizontal plain. Before you release the left mouse button, press the right mouse button to create a duplicate. There should be 2 icons just above the work space that flips left to right and up and down. Choose an item and click which ever you need.

Imported images will always be confined in a box with 4 corners. Use the node edit tool to put extra nodes into the box, then manipulate the nodes to draw the blank areas confined by the box to drawn part of the imported image. Holding down control, click and drag the item to the required position.

Ctrl-G to group items, Ctrl-U to ungroup. Choose an item and press P will put it in the middle of the page.

Ranchman

Elite Cafe Member
Success!
The part I was missing or not understanding was how to control the box around the object. The node edit tool was what I needed to use.

Joe, Andrew, Neo Thank you very much.

Life is good,

Jeff Graham

Latest posts

Sponsors