Dani girl pointing out another transfer method

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I found this scrap of paper today which was going to be a practice plate for scrimshaw but I was half way through a sterling pendant so I went ahead and stuck it down with sticky tape and used my scrim needle to stab through into the silver repeatedly. more effective than expected. I think I'll do more of that. very visible under scope. can happily sand before starting to remove lips raised around dots pressed in... but then they get cut out anyway.

oh and hey all... missed joining in here... I'm back.

Attachments

• 20220423_112014.jpg
    20220423_112014.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 140

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Welcome back to the Cafe, Dani. Good to have you back.
The "prick through" transfer method works well for main lines.
Especially for scrimshaw or engraving transfers on softer metal.

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
pouncing. I think I have heard that word once in my life. some show on tele I think someone had a pouncing wheel they ran over a large printed design pushing dots through their paper. thanks for that tid bit of know how Andrew.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
pouncing. I think I have heard that word once in my life. some show on tele I think someone had a pouncing wheel they ran over a large printed design pushing dots through their paper. thanks for that tid bit of know how Andrew.
yeah. old fsshioned signmakers do that all the time. i even have an electrical pouncing device for doing very large layouts. sadly, is useless for engraving.