Denver knife show

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Just wondering who was planning to attend the knife show in a couple of weeks? I'm hoping to spend Sat. and Sun. out there if possible. David

coincutter

Elite Cafe Member
Arrons been ringing my phone off the wall so i guess I'll be there
Pretty sure Dave London and his friends will show too - at leat thats the plan
maybe a few others you havent met before
Are you picking up the bar tab this year - some one mentioned it was your turn
where are they hiding the discount entry coupons?
are they goingto do anything different and exciting
i know they filled 90 tables so there should be a lot of things to see

russ

I'll be there- sharing a table with my father. I have a few spyderco's and a couple of custom knives engraved.
Stop by and say hi.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am planning to attend probally sunday( ops make that sat)

Last edited:

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi DC and Russ......I'll be there all weekend with the GRS booth. How ya been since Trinidad Russ?

russ

Hey Fancygun. Engraving better thanks to you! Looking forward to seeing you at the show.

russ

Fancygun - how did that project turn out that you took on in June? Please bring pictures- I'd love to see them.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Russ
The client was pleased with the job and wants more done when I have the time. I changed a few things around from the pattern you saw. We're actually going to Elk hunt this year together with our old Winchesters up near Monarch Pass. He might even drive up to Denver to say HI and see the show.
Marty

coincutter

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Marty
Need some advice

I traded for this pretty little lever 472 Mossburg 30/30 saddle lever the other day and cant decide what it should look like. It's going to end up on the ranch down in westcliff as a back up piece. Yotes are getting to be a real problem again but night work is getting a little hairy as the mountain lions come in for the calls too. They have been screwing with the horses and I figure they would screw with me too - had a bear come through the other night and raise a rukus but I just stay inside when they play!

Anyway have you ever cut one of these. It's a differnt look than any lever I have ever seen. Blue black wood finish and a real deep blue black finish on the metal. I don't even know if I can find a blue to match it. Not sure whats underneath. For all I know it could have been made out of recycled beer cans.

I plan on doing a bit of high relief carving on it and was leaning towards an oakleaf pattern but wanted to keep it in a design that was consistant with the year and make. Any suggestions, clues or things to look out for on this gun?

Correct me if I am wrong - I think we talked on the phone a year ago and you were limited in traveling because of wife's health issues? Hope has resolved. If I have you mixed up with someone else thats not unusual!

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Never worked on one of those rifles..seems to look like a Marlin but not quite....I would guess it should cut OK but no guarantees...give it a try.
You might have me mixed up with somebody else. I don't think we have spoken before..but who can remember.

Latest posts

Sponsors