Design contest between friends

Mike576

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
A friend an i recently had a design contest with a 15 hour max time limit on designing to add a little more pressure. Just for fun but we want to know who "wins". His design is the lady with the scroll. Its his first time drawing any scrollwork.

I would also appreciate any design critique for my scroll. I plan to use this design as the border for a brass plaque thay will be inlayed into a wood box with the center area showcasing a bulino scene. But im not sure if im 100% happy with it. Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221104-142240.jpg
    Screenshot_20221104-142240.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Screenshot_20221104-142226.jpg
    Screenshot_20221104-142226.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 113

ByrnBucks

A close up of the scroll
Good evening Mike,
Both are appealing in separate ways. In your close up “taken with a grain of salt from a beginner“ the center of the scroll seems rather dense then switches gears to a lonely long leaf. Maybe the time constraints imposed on the details, maybe add a little something before cutting. Thanks for sharing Have a good one. BB

Mike576

Good evening Mike,
Both are appealing in separate ways. In your close up “taken with a grain of salt from a beginner“ the center of the scroll seems rather dense then switches gears to a lonely long leaf. Maybe the time constraints imposed on the details, maybe add a little something before cutting. Thanks for sharing Have a good one. BB
Design time definitely had something to do with it. Ill see if i can tweak that area a bit to make it less dense and flow better. Thanks for the feedback!